This Easy Stuffed Shells Recipes with Ricotta Cheese that has a little twist to it? It’s a quick recipe that will melt in your mouth. For a different spin on the traditional Stuffed Shell Recipe, how about adding slices of pepperoni inside the shell?
These Stuffed Shells still have the great flavors of Ricotta and Mozzarella Cheese but with a little fun. It’s one of my family’s favorite ways to enjoy stuffed shells.
We like to mix it up a little, make half a batch with just the cheese mixture (which is awesome by itself), and half a batch with slices of pepperoni to add a little spice to it.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Jumbo Pasta Shells
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- Ricotta Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Basil Leaves
- Dried Oregano or Italian Seasoning
How Long to Cooker Stuffed Shells Recipes with Ricotta Cheese?
Typically, this would take 25-30 minutes to cook in the oven. And that is after you boil the Stuffed Shells, so they are partially cooked. So, add another 15 minutes to making Stuffed Shells with a total cook time of 45 minutes.
However, I’d like to make the stuffed shells in a shorter period of time and still have a delicious meal. By using the Pressure Cooker, it shortens cooking time to only 10 minutes.
And you don’t have to cook the Stuffed Shells before stuffing. Put the Ricotta Cheese mixture right in the uncooked store-bought shells. You can prep the Stuffed Shells Recipes with Ricotta Cheese the night before for a quick meal the next day.
This recipe makes approximately 12-16 stuffed shells. I’ll make half the Stuffed Shells with pepperoni, and the other half are just cheese filled.
How Long to Keep Stuffed Shell Leftovers?
When there are Stuffed Shells with Ricotta Cheese Leftovers store them in an airtight container. The maximin refrigerator life for Stuffed Shells with Ricotta Cheese is between 3 to 5 days.
To keep the quality of a Stuffed Shell even longer you can keep it in a freezer for up to 1 to 2 months in an airtight container. When ready to enjoy leftovers add additional sauce and microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes depending on how much you have.
If you don’t have a Pressure Cooker yet and you’ve been thinking about purchasing one, there are many pressure cookers that are on the market to choose from.
This Stuffed Shells Recipes with Ricotta Cheese can be served with Homemade Meatballs to really make this a complete meal!! Don’t forget the Garlic Bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
Easy Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 10-12 Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 10-12 pieces Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 28 oz can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 32 oz jar Ricotta Cheese
- 1 pkg Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Basil Leaves Add to cheese mixture
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano or Italian Seasoning Add to cheese mixture
- 1 Salt & Pepper to taste Add to cheese mixture
- 1/2 cup Water
- In a food processor, chop the whole tomatoes to your desired thickness.
- Pour half of the tomato sauce into the pressure cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the Ricotta Cheese, 1/2 of bag of Mozzeralla Cheese, Basil, Italian Seasoning and Salt & Pepper and mix well.
- Place a slice of Pepperoni into the bottom of each shell.
- Using a spoon, fill the cheese mixture into each shell evenly and place into the pressure cooker.
- Add the remainder of the tomato sauce onto the shells in the pressure cooker.
- Add in the chopped garlic.
- Add in 1/2 cup of water to the pressure cooker around the shells.
- Set your pressure cooker to high and cook for 10 minutes.