Quick Steamed Flounder Fillet is a healthy low-calorie meal with a high level of Omega-3’s. When you steam flounder it keeps the essential nutrients in your diet.
Flounder Fillets contain all of the essential amino acids, classifying it as a high-quality source of protein.
Best Way to Cook Flounder Fillets
The Best Way to Cook Flounder Fillets is with a Food Steamer. A thin Flounder Fillet does not require a lot of time to prepare and more importantly, not a lot of time to cook, this part is critical!
It only takes 8 minutes to steam Flounder Fillets. Test for proper doneness which will flake easily with a fork. That is it, so you can have a healthy low-calorie dinner ready in just 8 minutes. Add some vegetables and rice for a tasty flavorful meal.
Flounder Fillets is a Heart-Healthy Meal
Quick Steamed Flounder Fillet is considered to be a heart-healthy meal because of its full range of essential amino acids, high protein levels, water, and low saturated fats. It also contains high magnesium, very high phosphorus, and high levels of B6 and B12 vitamins.
So if you are looking for an easy, fast, low-calorie, heart-healthy meal, then you just found it. While cooking your flounder you can also cook your vegetable in a Food Steamer.
Flounder Fillets and Rice
- 4 pcs Flounder Fillets
- 1/2 pc Lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Paprika Seasoned to Taste
- If frozen, thaw out 4 Flounder Fillets in cold water for about 5 minutes.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over all fillets.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add paprika to taste.
- Place fillets in steamer evenly trying not to overlap pieces. If you have a 3 tier steamer, place 2 fillets on the top tier and 2 fillets in the middle tier. If you are using a 2 tier steamer and using the bottom tier, be aware that cooking times may vary.