How to Cook a Beef Roast? It depends on what kind of Roast you are talking about. When you think of Beef Roast you could be talking about:
- Chuck Roast
- Eye Round Roast
- Top Round Roast
- Rump Roast
- Sirloin Tip Roast
For this recipe, we cooked a Top Round Roast and it was delicious! One of my favorite places to purchase a roast from is Omaha Steaks. They have great deals and the food is delicious, but that is for another post.
Whatever kind of Roast it is it doesn’t have to be complicated to cook. We are going to share How to Cook a Beef Roast in less than an hour.
How to Cook a Beef Roast 45 Minutes
We’ve made Beef Roast in the oven and CrockPots/Slow Cooker for years and it always turned out so delicious. It is great if you planned ahead but there are those days you just don’t have 2 hours to wait for dinner.
This is when we take out our Pressure Cooker and cooked a Beef Roast in less than an hour. Yes, it’s true you can enjoy a delicious, moist, and tender Beef Roast in 45 minutes well done. If you like your roast a medium done it would take less time.
If you don’t own a Pressure Cooker you should consider getting one for your kitchen. You can find them at Amazon for a great price without running around to different retailers to find the one you want.
You will wonder how you lived without it.
How to Cook a Pot Roast in a Pressure Cooker
When cooking with a Pressure Cooker one of my favorite things is to cook the whole meal in one pot. It makes for easy cooking and easy cleanup.
The Pressure Cooker cuts down on cooking time but doesn’t lose any of the flavors of your food. The meat doesn’t come out chewy or dry, it’s actually the opposite, the roast is easily shredded and moist while the potatoes and carrots are very tender.
We are all very busy in life with careers and family and don’t always have time to cook a healthy delicious meal. Unless you own a Pressure Cooker, then you don’t need much time to cook.
Cooking a Beef Roast
We seasoned our Top Round Roast with garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and rosemary but you can get creative and add in any other seasoning you like.
The thing that makes our Beef Roast different is we use beef broth and beef gravy. What this does is thins out the gravy a little bit which is the way we like it.
But, if you like a thicker or thinner sauce you can use either five cups of beef broth or five cups of beef gravy, the choice is yours.
Pot Roast Recipe in a Pressure Cooker
- 1-3/4 lb Beef Round Roast Other options: Rump Roast or Chuck Roast
- 6 small Red Potatoes Idaho Potatoes or Red Potatoes - Cut into wedges
- 1 bag Fresh Carrots Peeled - Cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 whole Onion Red, White or Yellow - Cut into quarter pieces
- 2-1/2 cup Beef Broth
- 2-1/2 cups Beef Gravy
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil To sear the meat
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- Rub the Beef Roast with the Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Salt & Pepper
- Pour 1 tbsp of Olive Oil in the Pressure Cooker and turn the Pressure Cooker on high
- Add the Beef Roast to the Pressure Cooker and sear until all sides are brown or you can sear in a pan
- Add the Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, and, Minced Garlic around and on top of the Roast
- In a small bowl mix the Beef Broth, Beef Gravy and Worcestershire sauce then pour over the ingredients
- Lock the lid on the Pressure Cooker
- Set the cooking timer for 45 minutes